In 2020, the start of a global pandemic forced the world to accept a new normal. We found alternate ways to carry on with our lives. Adults had to work from home and students were instructed to attend online classes.
You cannot stop education. You can only temporarily put it on hold. Accordingly, educational institutions went ahead and adopted a digital means of conducting lessons. Classes started to take place over Zoom and other software programs.
After more than a year of online and blended learning, students and educators have become accustomed to it. However, there is a lot to be said when it comes to which style of learning is better.
Firstly, onsite learning requires the learning environment to be created within the four walls of a classroom. Secondly, the teacher and the student must be physically present.
Here are the pros and cons of onsite learning –
● Establishes a relationship between the teacher and the student; In a classroom, learners and teachers can spend more in-person time together.
● You can avail different types of learning methods, including auditory, visual, tactical, etc.
● Promotes networking among the learners; A classroom is a place where peers can meet different people, make new friends and cultivate social skills.
● Direct and real-time interaction between learners and teachers; More importantly, teachers can instantly answer your questions.
● A classroom requires social contact. Given the ongoing pandemic, this puts each student’s safety at risk.
● Classroom learning is not flexible. Moreover, the teacher as well as the progress of other students can affect the pace of your learning.
● There may be multiple interruptions inside a classroom. Additionally, pointless conversations or debates can take place which would potentially disturb the learning process.
Online learning is a type of learning where learning is transferred through online means. This style of learning has grown to become extremely popular in recent times despite its prevalence prior to the pandemic. Certificate courses are also available online where there is no need to enter a classroom to get certified.
Here are the pros and cons of online learning:
● In the midst of the ongoing pandemic, online learning enables learners to socially distance and stay safe.
● You can learn at your own pace. In other words, your learning pace is not affected by the teacher or the progress of other students.
● You have the freedom to learn from a location that suits you as long as you have access to WiFi. Moreover, you can even attend a class while you’re on vacation in a foreign country with a different time zone.
● Similar to online shopping, online learning enables you to select what you want to learn from a wide range of options. For instance, you can find a graphic design course at multiple sources. In addition, your choice can be based on your needs.
● Online learning limits social networking among the learners due to lack of human interaction.
● You can take part in online learning only with access to strong WiFi. However, without access to the Internet, there isn’t much you can do.
● Courses that require a physical setup such as driving, swimming and public speaking can never take place online.
● Online learning requires extra determination and self-motivation to keep up with classes and stay on track. Negative habits or low motivation can cause some learners to fall behind.
Finally, it is important to remember that the transition from onsite learning to online learning is not easy. It is a different experience for each individual. PINNACLE understands the need of the hour. We are always ready to incorporate the needs of our learners. PINNACLE has wide-ranging customized courses that facilitate onsite, online and blended learning to keep up with the times. Our spacious premises allow classrooms to accommodate 10 people each. More importantly, PINNACLE follows safety guidelines to combat the spread of COVID-19. Additionally, our learners can rest assured that the mode of learning they opt for does not compromise the learning experience they receive at PINNACLE.