Elements of Effective Project Management Course
This course focuses on the key principles, tools and techniques required for managing projects effectively. It is designed to provide knowledge of the essential project management elements, addressing both the technical and management challenges. The course will provide understanding of the key project management processes used to define, plan, and manage a project, to develop an effective project management system. It will take you through the essential project phases and their implementation benefits, so that you can deliver a successful project.
Effective management of a project requires a team of individuals with different talents and skills. This course will equip you with the project management skills required to ensure that projects are completed within the budget, time, and other project constraints. You will be involved in group exercises to help gain relevant practical knowledge and skills applicable to your projects/programs.
By completing this course, you will have demonstrated knowledge and detailed understanding of the core elements of project management needed to create project success.
What you will achieve
Upon the completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Understand project constraints and develop realistic scope and objectives for your project.
• Build effective project management plan covering all the important project management elements including scope, time, cost, quality, resources, communication, risk, procurement, and stakeholder management.
• Manage and control the project better.
• Apply the project management methods, tools, and techniques to solve business problems and make better decisions.
• Identify key stakeholders and develop effective stakeholder engagement strategies.
• Monitor and control the inefficient use of resources.
• Understand and resolve conflicts and develop robust project teams.
• Identify and analyze project risks and develop risk management strategies.
• Manage project quality concerns effectively, to ensure project goals and expected benefits are met successfully.
Who is this Course for?
This training is designed for project management professionals who make and support project decisions. This course will be helpful for persons with following roles:
• Project Managers
• Department Heads
• Program Implementers
• Associate Project Managers
• Project Coordinators
• Business Analyst
• Delivery managers
• Business and Financial Managers
• Civil/Mechanical / Electrical Engineers
And those who want to enhance their project management skills, in general.
• Key concepts of Project and Project Management.
• Critical aspects of project success and failure.
• Roles and Responsibilities of the Project Manager.
• Business value management and PMI triangle.
• Project Lifecycles/Methodologies.
• Integrated change control and change request lifecycle.
• Planning and managing project work to achieve project goals and objectives.
• Understanding stakeholder requirements and managing project scope.
• Methods for managing and controlling project schedule.
• Techniques for cost estimation and budgeting.
• Quality assurance and quality control.
• Understanding communication methods and developing an effective communication management plan.
• Stakeholder analysis and identification of stakeholder engagement strategies.
• Effective resource management.
• Developing and managing effective project teams.
• Identifying, understanding, and managing project risks.
• Effective contract/procurement management.
• Managing project completion and handing over a successful project.