The Certified Associate in Project Management test is for anyone interested in pursuing a career in project management. Firstly, CAPM certification will open up more doors for you if you are just starting out in project management. Secondly, the accreditation establishes credibility and shows a commitment to improving project management. Thirdly, you will be qualified to work as a project manager in a company after passing the exam.
Furthermore, certification as a project manager opens the door to a variety of new career paths and high-paying positions. You must have 1500 hours of project management experience or 23 hours of formal project management study to apply for the CAPM exam. In addition, the exam will take three hours to complete. It consists of multiple-choice questions and can be taken online.
Top 7 Tips to ace your PMI CAPM Exam
- For the exam, the PMBOK and CAPM handbooks are your ideal study tools. As a result, reading the book thoroughly will help you prepare well for your exam. However, get the most up-to-date editions of the reference books. Additionally, you must have the most recent version of the book downloaded from the website before you begin studying for the exam. More importantly, check other key books in the field in order to gain a detailed understanding of the subject.
- Without a baseline plan, scheduling the exam and arranging a slot can be problematic. Analyze where you stand and how much effort you’ll need to put in before setting a test date. Everyone wants to pass the exam on the first try. You can try backward scheduling. Set an exam date and then calculate how many hours of effort per week or per day you require to finish preparation. Additionally, spend some time determining your knowledge level and estimating your available study time before scheduling. Consequently, this will improve your chances of passing the exam on the first try.
- In project management, there are many processes to learn. You’ll need to know the vocabulary and actions for each one. More importantly, understand what they are and why they are employed. As a result, you will figure out how to make the best decision when faced with multiple options.
- The exam consists of 150 questions. In addition, you have 3 hours to complete it. This might seem sufficient to answer all of the questions. However, don’t be overconfident. Remember that the PMI format is unfamiliar territory for you. Take enough CAPM certification training practice tests. See whether you are able to complete all questions within the allotted time. Consequently, this will sharpen your time management abilities.
- Practice and read the guidebooks well. You will then be able to understand which elements of the CAPM certification you have more strength in. Additionally, there will be some issues that are simpler to handle based on your experiences, abilities, and background. Concentrate on the areas where you excel and you will gradually improve your score. Rather than worrying about the more difficult topics, it’s a good idea to practice questions from areas you’re already familiar with.
- It is critical to study according to a fixed plan when preparing for any exam. Candidates preparing for the CAPM exam should develop a study schedule and stick to it. For example, if you stated that you would cover five topics in your plan, you must make sure to complete it. Scheduling and managing your preparation is a smart way to fulfil your objectives. Furthermore, plan your study time in such a way that you can devote sufficient time to each topic. In addition, don’t forget to incorporate rest time when planning your routine.
- It’s easy to lose sight of the basics when you’re rigorously preparing for the test. This can include the location of your exam. If you’re going to a test center, make sure you know where it is and how to get there. Additionally, drink some water; you don’t want to be dehydrated during the exam. Moreover, taking care of yourself is a vital component of effectively managing natural nerves. Get a good night’s sleep. Last-minute cramming isn’t going to help you remember any extra knowledge. Finally, make sure you have a proper breakfast or a filling snack.
CAPM PMI Exam Preparation at PINNACLE Dubai:
PINNACLE offers an intensive CAPM PMI exam preparation course for all project managers.
CAPM enhances your managerial credentials and is ideal for project management professionals who are just getting started. Firstly, you don’t need much practical experience to apply for the course. Secondly, it’s a terrific method to brush up on project management fundamentals, terminologies, and best practices.
Join our course to be trained and mentored by our PMI accredited Grade A project management trainer. Rest assured that this course will prepare you for your CAPM PMI exam and bring you closer to earning your CAPM credential!