Competitive exams are part of some of the hurdles that students must get through no matter what. If you wish to get accepted into your desired institution, achieving the right score on your exam is a requirement. While it may seem scary and challenging to tackle, preparation is all it takes to successfully take on any competitive exam.
When it comes to exam preparation, studying is unavoidable and must be at the top of your to-do list during your period of preparation. There are, however, some key practices that you should follow when getting ready for your exam.
Here are 10 wise and effective tips to crack your competitive exam:
● Time management, if it wasn’t already obvious, is crucial. You must handle your time wisely and intelligently. Separate some time for other tasks in your daily routine to avoid confusion and exhaustion. Make the best possible use of your time.
● Students learn as much in four one-hour sessions as they do in a single six-hour marathon session, according to psychologists. During study breaks, it is thought that the mind consumes knowledge unconsciously, without your deliberate effort. When your study time is short, your brain functions more effectively. Use a well-planned study schedule and shorten your study time by 30%.
● Rejuvenate your mind and body during your study breaks. Have a snack, go on a walk or listen to some music. You can go for any activity that makes you feel refreshed and ready to get back on the grind.
● Study smart! Pay attention to what you’re studying instead of the amount of time you’re spending on it. Adjust your schedule in such a way that utilizes the time you feel most productive. Finish studying boring or tough subjects in the beginning. That way, you can study easier subjects when you feel lazy or less motivated.
● Don’t forget to revise before your exam! It will assist you in recalling several important details during your exam. Make sure you revise at least 2-3 times.
● Studying one difficult subject after another is one of the toughest things you can do when preparing for any exam. If you’ve been doing this for a while, we can almost guarantee you’ll miss a lot during the test. Do yourself a favor and don’t concentrate exclusively on one complicated subject with no breaks. If you’re studying English, Physics, and Mathematics, start with Math, then English, and finally Physics.
● Another important thing to remember is to turn off your phone when studying. During this time, stay away from social media as well. If you are easily distracted, make sure your phone is out of reach to avoid wastage of time.
● Practice using mock tests! This will give you a clear understanding of the exam structure and force you to practice within the time constraints. Solving sample papers will also help you improve your speed and time management.
● Give importance to your health! Feeling healthy is a must when preparing for your exam. Pay attention to what you are putting into your body. Drink plenty of water and fuel your body with healthy foods.
● Before your exam, double-check that you’ve studied all of the relevant topics and that you’ve revised them. Do not begin something new. Learning a new subject in the last few days will result in two things: first, you will not have enough time to remember the new topic, and second, you will lose time to revise the old topics. This will make it difficult to retain your knowledge and could lead to a poor exam performance.
From IELTS and SAT to GMAT and GRE, the exam preparation courses available at PINNACLE are endless. Our courses will guide you through your preparation process using first-rate study material, expert trainers and mock tests. An exam preparation course at PINNACLE is quick, intensive and effective. Students can rest assured that PINNACLE will help them perform well in their exam.
Join PINNACLE today to secure your tomorrow!