What you need to know about the IELTS Writing Task 2
The IELTS Writing section consists of two parts – Task 1 and Task 2.
IELTS Writing Task 2 is the second part of the writing test. A point of view, argument or problem will be presented to the candidate. The candidate must write a formal essay in response.
The candidate will be tested on their ability to answer by
- Providing and explaining an opinion
- Examining the topic
- Reviewing details
- Summarizing problems
- Determining possible solutions
- Supporting what you write with reasoning and suitable examples from your own knowledge or experience
Take a look at an example of the IELTS Writing Task 2.
The education you receive from your family is more important than the education you receive from school.
To what extent do you agree with this statement and why?
Additionally, you must keep a few major tips in mind if you wish to score a Band 7 or higher in the IELTS Writing Task 2.
Top 5 tips for achieving high band score in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Firstly, understand the question before you attempt to answer it. This will tell you exactly what the examiner wants. More importantly, giving an incomplete essay can stop you from getting a score higher than a Band 5.
- Secondly, plan your answers for up to 10 minutes. This will help you organize your ideas and structure your essay before you write it. Moreover, you are saving time and writing a clear essay.
- Thirdly, write an introduction that instantly tells the examiner that you know what you are doing. In addition, this will help you write your main body paragraphs.
- While writing the main body paragraphs, mention your main points and support them with explanations and appropriate examples.
- Finally, your conclusion must summarize what you have stated in the rest of your essay.
PINNACLE offers intensive IELTS exam preparation for students, teachers and working professionals. Our course consists of in-depth training on all 4 sections of the test – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. Our expert trainer will guide you step by step throughout your preparation process. You will be more than ready to undertake your IELTS exam and achieve your desired score by the end of the course.
Join PINNACLE today to secure your tomorrow!